Community Dialogue Agenda: Engaging the Community in Ryan White Planning
Dr. Requel Lopes, Moderator—Executive Director, World AIDS Museum; and Chair, Broward HIV Health Services Planning Council
Introductions: Panelist Names, Planning Council Representation and role (5 minutes)
Overview of Ryan White Planning Council/Broward County Efforts (10 minutes)
Panelist Stories: 5-minute Introduction (prepare answers for 2 or 3 of the following questions) (45 minutes)
- How did you get involved in Ryan White Community Planning?
- What are the challenges you’ve had in engaging the community in your council?
- What keeps you motivated and engaged in the planning council?
Von Biggs—Broward County/Ft Lauderdale
Joann McEniry—Newark NJ
Calvin Toler—Newark NJ
Warren Poole—Newark NJ
Rafael Gonzalez—San Bernardino
Natalie Sanchez—Los Angeles
Group Discussion: (15 minutes)
- What makes somebody a really good planning council member?
- What do you see as the biggest issues your planning council is working on currently?
- What do you see in the future for Ryan White planning councils? What should we look like 5 years from now?
Open Discussion with Audience Questions (10 minutes)